Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Friday, October 28, 2005

This Saturday, Ward 5 Economic Development Summit

Welcome To The Ward 5 Official Web Site.jpgImage from Councilmember Orange's website.

WARD 5 ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT SUMMIT
Trinity University
125 Michigan Avenue, NE
SATURDAY,OCTOBER 29TH
8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
______
One of the interesting events that Councilmember Orange sponsors is an annual economic development summit on issues in Ward 5. I won't be able to make this weekend's event because of a prior commitment but it's worth attending. (Note that no other councilmember offers an equivalent annual event.)

I don't have the agenda yet, but I will post it if I can get it. I do know that one of the sessions will be about the proposed mixed use development in the current parking lot adjacent to the Rhode Island Metro Station.

Another topic will be proposals for revitalizing the Florida Market area (I am sorry I'll miss that) and I imagine there will be an update of the "Costco" Shopping Center off South Dakota Avenue/New York Avenue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home