Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Monday, January 16, 2006

A good reason to boycott Starbucks

001Flickr photo of MadamLemon.

David Sucher gives us "A good reason to boycott Starbucks," because the Seattle SuperSonics basketball team is threatening to move from the City of Seattle, unless the city proffers lots of money for refurbishing the team's arena. One of the team's owners is Howard Schultz, chairman of Starbucks.

(Plus, I'm pissed at them because yesterday, when I got up to replace my coffee because it leaked at the cup seam, in the brief moment I was gone, a staff member threw out all my reading matter, including newspapers and reports, as well as my Pumpkin Scone, and someone took my table. Figuring that I spend about $1,000/year, that pissed me off, and was a good example of how to destroy customer relationships.)

Sounds like there's a good opportunity for a corporate campaign here...

Yahoo! News Photo.jpgStarbucks Chairman Howard Schultz drinks coffee during an interview after the announcement ceremony to celebrate the establishment of the Starbucks China Education Project in China's capital Beijing September 19, 2005. (Alfred Cheng Jin/Reuters)

Pour Your Heart Into It

Index Keywords:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home