Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Speaking of commenting... on this blog

I do wish more of you would comment. I know the way I write has a level of distance to it, that this is the way it is and I don't brook "opposition." While sure, accolades are better than brickbats, the reality is that it is supposed to be a dialogue. It's asynchronous, but it is dialogue, and I learn a lot and get great ideas, and fine tune my thinking because of the interaction, either through comments in the blog, side email discussions, and the articles and such that people send me.

Some people tell me I need an editor, but I do have a habit of trying to be thorough, and not leave "little holes in the dike" that would provide a route for the idea to be seriously challenged.

Anyway, those of you who comment, thank you. Those of you "afraid" to comment, don't be. And thank you also for the great level of the discourse. I appreciate and enjoy it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home