Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Changes on commenting on the blog

I had to "upgrade" or at least change from Haloscan, because the software company is discontinuing support.

I began using Haloscan because I thought trackbacks would be important, and back then Blogger didn't offer such a feature. Of course, I never got the hang of doing trackbacks or had the time to focus on it. (It takes too much time writing.)

So I upgraded to whatever this new system is, mostly to retain the database of past comments.

I probably would have just switched back to blogger comments, if I could have figured out how to capture the database of comments and switched them over. Or like many services (i.e., Technorati) which just junk the old when they "upgrade" I could have done that, condemning past comments to the ether, but I didn't think that would be right.

So I haven't figured out how to get comments to tally on screen so that people know that someone has commented and it is worth clicking on the comments link to read them. Now, you should check each post.

For me, when I am at work, the firewall on the network prevents the comment box from properly opening, so I can't respond except when I am at home. We'll see how that works.

I could end up switching back to Blogger.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home