Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Blog stuff

I have been writing a lot less for awhile, because I had been spending 5 hours/day traveling to and from my job via public transit and bicycle, and that cut into my "free time." Plus over the last month especially, I had been focused on wrapping up the Western Baltimore County Pedestrian and Bicycle Access Plan, which had a drop dead due date of 6/30--as did my term as bicycle and pedestrian planner, which was a grant funded position co-terminate with the production of the plan.

It'll be a few days before I start blogging again though, partly because despite the efforts of computer technicians, Verizon technicians, etc., my home-based Internet access isn't working at the moment, and it may be some time before it does.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home