Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Friday, October 05, 2012

Links added this week

I wouldn't claim that I actively check the links in the right sidebar to keep them current as there are more than 2,000 links, the last time I counted, which was many years ago.  But I do fix them as I find out about problems.

But I do go through from time to time and reorganize, add and augment categories, and change things up some.  I realize that each week I should do an entry summarizing the links I've added during the previous week.

For example, under Great Urban Journalism the Squandered Heritage series of articles on historic preservation and demolition from the Chicago Tribune were from 2002-2003 and the old section link no longer works, but these links do:
I continue to add to the Parks, Waterfronts & Rivers section, including:
I am still reworking the transit links, for example I separated out Bus Transit Technology from Transit System Operation, which lists third party contractors like Veolia, updated some links, and added a couple new ones, although I wouldn't consider it to be a complete listing.  The Dr. Transit sections need more systematic reorganizing still.

I renamed one section Infrastructure & Utilities and am including links on both undergrounding powerlines and government owned utilities such as:
And in the section on Architecture, Urbanism and Revitalization Links:

 • Intercultural Urbanism and Contemporary Urban Anthropology.

which are authored by University of Denver professor of anthropology Dean Saitta.  The syllabus for his class, Culture and The City, looks to be pretty interesting.

In Food, Gardens, Agriculture, Markets, & Forestry:
And in both Tourism and Dr. Transit (General):
Finally, in Historic Preservation:


I think that's it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home