Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mid City: Refuse to Lose

This is from the flickr photo account associated with The Third Battle of New Orleans blog on rebuilding New Orleans.

There is no question that blogs, photo communities like Flickr, other web communities and software applications (and for good and bad--email*) take connecting and learning to levels unimaginable 13 years ago.

I say 13 years ago because it was in August 1994 when the New York Times first wrote about the "World Wide Web," specifically the Mosaic graphical browser, which was a recognition of the fast spread of this software innovation.

* Email is also a curse. I now get over 200 emails daily and I cannot keep up, or even get through a single day's messages.

Plus, I get queries for help and my opinion from all over. And I do respond. And that takes time. You see my blog entries (long, with citations), well, my emails are no different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home