Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Main Street tableau


Main Street tableau
Originally uploaded by rllayman.
The National Main Street conference is in Seattle starting today, which is why I haven't been blogging, getting stuff done while preparing for the leaving for the conference.

I got here yesterday and it was nasty rainy and cold, but green. Because I was tired and all, I didn't take many photos so far. (Plus, I damaged my regular camera and am using another camera with much less zoom capability.)

And I don't really have the time to stay an extra day or two, so I won't get to explore as much as I'd like, although I will be sure to get to the Seattle Public Library and yesterday I went to the University District (although I spent a bit too much time roaming the stacks of the student bookstore).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home