Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Friday, June 15, 2007

This is an important entry, why no comments?

Yesterday's entry, "Will the Federal Government muck up the WMATA Board of Directors?," has no comments but it raises a very important issue.

Now, I always tease Elise of Frozen Tropics that while I envy the number of responses she gets to entries, I don't envy the fact that many of them aren't all that interesting and that people don't seem to learn and grow in terms of their insights as they continue to read a blog over time. (The same goes for DCist.)

I know the way that I write is pretty "authoritative" and seemingly doesn't invite comment, but I do encourage and appreciate comments. I learn a lot from the comments and from the articles and emails that people send to me as well as from the occasional meetings and subsequent friendships-collegial relationships that have developed.

This is something that needs to be discussed...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home