Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Today menu: Colorful fruit


Today menu: Colorful fruit
Originally uploaded by Paco CT
When I was in Pittsburgh last week, I met with my colleagues at Neighbors in the Strip, and they mentioned how one of their members went to La Boqueria in Barcelona, and he raved. With displays like this, you can see why.

I don't get around as much as I'd like, but the Strip District in Pittsburgh is one of the best food market districts I've ever visited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home