Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Sidebar

I am constantly adding links in the right sidebar, and every so often, when a category seems to me that it needs to be augmented or reaches critical mass, I separate it out into a more focused category (e.g., yesterday I created "Urban Design and Placemaking" and "Civic Engagement" is coming I think.) And I have been developing the Education section over the last few weeks. Etc.

If links don't work, or you have other suggestions, please keep dropping those emails to let me know.

I also added the Upcoming.org calendar awhile ago (I saw in on the Downtown Elgin blog first). It's a pretty simple way to manage calendaring, although I wish public entitities would enter their meetings, so I wouldn't have to... Upcoming's calendar is cool, but I still find it tedious to enter even the meetings I do enter (there are plenty I don't). So I want to thank other bloggers who are now adding these kinds of area events (+ music) to Upcoming: Mattwdc and Stop, Blog and Roll.

Index Keywords:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home