Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space

"A community’s physical form, rather than its land uses, is its most intrinsic and enduring characteristic." [Katz, EPA] This blog focuses on place and placemaking and all that makes it work--historic preservation, urban design, transportation, asset-based community development, arts & cultural development, commercial district revitalization, tourism & destination development, and quality of life advocacy--along with doses of civic engagement and good governance watchdogging.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hmm, churches might be capable of transportation demand management...

Calvary Baptist ChurchCalvary Baptist Church, 8th and H Streets NW, Washington, DC. Historic photo, source unknown. Building designed by Adolf Cluss.

From an entry by the webmaster of Cycle-licious:

4. HOLY. I was Saved in a Pentecostal church in Texas -- fully dunked in a tank of water in the name of the Lord Jesus, filled with His Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, the whole bit Hallelujah. I've even been a Pentecostal minister, but I tend to put people to sleep when I speak. Today, I'm happy sitting jumping in the pews. Yes, I often ride my bike to church. This church in Urbana even installed a shower (partly) to accommodate me, and I use the locker room and showers at my current church. Merry Christmas.

Can't say I've seen many churches with bike racks. But if a church can accommodate bicyclists, certainly office buildings could provide lockers and showers?

Index Keywords:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home