15th Annual Maryland State Bicycle Symposium February 22, 2012
The annual conference, sponsored by BikeMaryland, and conducted in association with the opportunity for lobbying State of Maryland Representatives and Senators on bicycle and sustainable transportation issues is next week and it looks to have an amazing schedule of presentations that I am really sorry that I have to miss.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012; 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Miller Senate Building in the President's Conference Center
11 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
Click here to rsvp - write "rsvp symposium" in the subject line. Include your name, organization, title and email address in the body.
Partial list of presenters include:
• Alex Obriecht, Bike Maryland Board President
• Carol Silldorff, Bike Maryland Executive Director
• Gregory I Slater, Director, Office of Planning and Preliminary Engineering. Presentation: Funding Opportunities in Maryland
• Chris Eatough, BikeArlington Program Manager, Capital Bikeshare Management and Marketing. Presentation: Keys to Success and Experiences of Capital Bikeshare
• Heather Strassberger, AICP, Bicycle, Pedestrian & Human Services Transportation Planner, Baltimore Metropolitan Council. Presentation: Regional transportation planning: opportunities for funding
• Various distinguished legislators including Delegate Cardin, Chair of Bicycle Caucus and Delegate Malone.
Michael Sonnenfeld, Bike Maryland Board Member. Presentation: Bike Maryland’s Legislative Agenda
• Dave Love, PhD, Project Director at the Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future and on the faculty at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Presentation: How Close is 3 Feet? One Bicycle Commuter's Video Diary
• Katie Gore and Marla Streb, Bike Maryland Bike-MINDED Program Coordinators. Presentation: Being Bike-MINDED
• Michael E. Jackson, State Director of Bicycle and Pedestrian Access, MDOT. Presentation: The Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee / Maryland’s New Bike Share Program
• Bill Nesper, Director, Bicycle Friendly America Program, League of American Bicyclists. Presentation: Bicycle Friendly Maryland
• Nate Evans, Bicycle & Pedestrian Planner, Baltimore Department of Transportation. Presentation: Bike Advocacy - An Inside Job
• Rebecca Dougherty Goldman, Research & Performance Metrics Manager, Office of Tourism Development, Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development. Presentation: Cycle Maryland Survey – Who, What, Why, Where, and How
• Peter C. Moe, Section Chief, Program Advisory Section, Maryland State Highway Administration, Presentation: Maryland’s Bicycle Awareness Campaign
• William Atkinson, Maryland Department of Planning, Western Maryland Regional Office, Regional Planner, Presentation: Trails and Economic Development